There is a famous American named Andy Rooney, who has written something he calls “What I’ve Learned”.
I think this text is great.
So I decided to share it with you.
He really has a gift of being able to say so much, with just a few words. I’ve edited a little though, because the original is really long.
Here we go:
- I’ve learned…that just one person saying to me, “You’ve made my day!” makes my day.
- I’ve learned…that you should never say no to a gift from a child.
- I’ve learned…that no matter how serious your life requires you to be, everyone needs a friend to act goofy with.
- I’ve learned…that we should be glad God doesn’t give us everything we ask for.
- I’ve learned…that to ignore the facts does not change the facts.
- I’ve learned…that the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.
- I’ve learned…that everyone you meet deserves to be greeted with a smile.
- I’ve learned…that life is tough, but I’m tougher.
- I’ve learned…that opportunities are never lost; someone will just take the ones you miss.
- I’ve learned…that when you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.
- I’ve learned…that the less time I have to work with, the more things I get done.
- I’ve learned…that being kind is more important than being right.
By Andy Rooney